Cheesy Pull Apart Bread - A Delicious Appetizer That Delivers!
There was a clear winner, next time use both bacon and green onions for the best flavor!
This recipe is for one loaf. This can be assembled the day before and refrigerated. Bake before serving and it stays perfect in a Nesco for serving or taking and sharing at a holiday party!
- 1 loaf of uncut French Bread (pictured) or Sourdough Round
- 3/4 c butter (1.5 sticks) - room temp (I may have used a little more, it is Wisconsin)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 T parsley - more for sprinkling
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 - 3 c mozzarella cheese - again Wisconsin, more is acceptable and depends on size of your loaf
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (is there ever too much bacon?)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Foil for baking
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream until light and fluffy the butter, garlic, parsley and salt (Can melt in microwave if desired - I made it the night before so didn't use melted butter)
- Cut bread in a diamond pattern using care to not cut thru the bottom. Sections about 1.5 - 2 inches
- Coat all sections of bread with butter mixture
- Stuff with cheese between each section
- Add in bacon and green onions
- Sprinkle with additional parsley (or seasoning of choice.
- Wrap in aluminum foil, bake for 20 minutes. Remove, uncover top, return to oven for 10 minutes or until crispy and brown on top.
- Serve warm