Old Fashion Carrot Cake
This cake is a tried and true recipe that has survived the years and always requested whenever anyone is asking for carrot cake!
- 1 1/2 c Oil
- 3 Eggs - Unbeaten
- 2 t Cinnamon
- 2 t Vanilla
- 2 c Raw Carrots - Shredded
- 1 can 8 Ounce Crushed Pineapple - UNDRAINED
- 2 c Sugar
- 2 c Flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 c chopped nuts of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees - grease 9 x 13 or 2 round cake pans
- Mix oil, eggs, vanilla, pineapple, sugar
- Mix, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt
- Mix dry mixture into first mixture
- Fold in carrots and nuts
- Pour into pan(s) and Bake for approximately 1 hour, check at about 50 minutes if using round cake pans
- Cool before frosting
Frosting - this amount is for a 9 x 13 pan. If doing two rounds and frosting the outside, will need to double.
- 1 8 ounce Cream Cheese - room temp
- 4 1/2 ounces butter - room temp
- 3 c Powder Sugar
- 1 - 2 T milk
- Ground nuts for topping - optional
Beat cream cheese, butter, powder sugar on high until light and fluffy adding in milk to desired creaminess.
Needs to be refrigerated.