Time for your Security New Year's Resolution!
It's not too late to make a New Year's Resolution to keep you Cyber-Safe in 2022.
WeLiveSecurity outlines ten bad habits to improve your cybersecurity this year. They include:
- Updating your software regularly by using the automatic update functionality
- Update your passwords, so they're strong and unique. Also, switch on the 2FA (two-factor authentication) if offered.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi; if you need to use them, don't connect to any essential accounts.
- Think before you click! Does that ad look "phishy"? It may be a phishing scheme.
- Use security measures across all of your devices.
- Use secure websites.
- Avoid using personal devices for work purposes.
- Receive a call you don't recognize? Avoid giving out details over the phone that only you would know.
- Back up your data!
- Protect your smart home.
Review these good tips and make a plan to keep your information protected throughout the year!