Are you Sweet or Spicy?
Two game day recipes for you to enjoy! They are both easy, but the dip - the hardest part is shopping for the ingredients!
Game Day Taco Dip - Makes enough for a crowd and be wary, it is addicting!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 15 ounces Cheez Wiz
- 20 ounces Black Refried Beans
- 14.5 ounces Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 2 c shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 t ground Cumin
- Jalapenos to taste either chop and add to the dip or serve on the side
Mix all together, heat, serve with tortilla chips, and Enjoy!
Sweet German Pastry -or- Cookie - This recipe has taste testers divided, is it a cookie or a pastry? Either way it won rave reviews, you make it and tell me! It make look intimidating, but it is easy to make!
- 4 c Flour
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 t each Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder
- 1 c Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c Milk
- 1/4 c Water
- 3/4 c Flour
- 1 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 T Butter - softened
- 2 - 3 c Powder Sugar
- 2 - 3 T milk
- 1 c chopped Pecans (maybe I used a few more??)
Preheat Oven to 375°
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, salt, banking soda and banking powder
- Cut in butter until coarse bits remain
- Beat egg, add water and milk to egg
- Add to flour mixture and mix until a soft smooth ball forms
- Roll out to a rectangular shape on floured surface to 1/2" thickness
- In a different bowl beat two eggs
- Add flour and brown sugar, mix until incorporated
- Spread filling over your rectangular dough and gently roll from long side to form a log
- Cut in 1" pieces - I got 15 so may have been bigger than 1"
- Place cut side up on greased baking sheet
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool
Topping - while cooling
- Whisk butter, powder sugar, milk until smooth and desired consistency to be able to thinly top the pastry
- Drizzle on and top with chopped pecans